Sunday, April 19, 2009

Around the world in 80 clicks!


The Mad Momma and Gauri, ask me to pick
For Around the world in 80 clicks
...5 THINGS I love about being a mom
for another little tag is going around!
And this is where my merry rhyme ends
While I attempt to do it for my friends!! :)

Ever since I got tagged, I have been wondering what 5 things I will write about. For I was certainly not at that point in life, where I was celebrating being a mother. A frazzled mind, overworked body and sagging spirits....these are the attributes I have been sporting off late. But yet, the challenge lingered inside me, and I wanted to know for myself, more than anybody else, what are the things I love about being a mother. And so, as part of a journey to the Self, I am attempting this tag....

1. I love the rawness of the emotion that I feel as a mother, towards my children. Its not there, all the time, yet, at some odd points it surfaces from deep inside and mesmerises me. Like the time when Winkie had an accident in school. The emotions that coursed through me at the time, were an awakening. That I could care this deeply for another. It was highly disconcerting, but I realise that for now, it is the closest I will get to True Love.

2. I absolutely love the capacity for physical love that is inherent in the relationship with a child. Seeing that beautiful smile erupt on a little face, with the bunny teeth peeping out, nuzzling my cheek against those droopy cheeks, watching with fascination, eyelashes that touch the roof of the eyes, finding a perfect resting spot for my nose in the crook of a little neck which squirms delightedly with the tickle-ness of it, placing my hand against another little hand, marvelling at the smallness, the perfectly moulded fit of a needy hug....aaaahhhh!....these are the moment of bliss, when the entire world is lost to oblivion and the only thing that exists is that act of bliss!

3. I love that becoming a mother was what put me back in touch with my writing. If it hadn't been for them, I may have just gone through life, never really connecting to what is essentially my heartbeat! And I love that they give me so much to write about, and through my writing, I can actually explore some of the corners of motherhood, that does not arise to the conscious spectrum.

4. I love being a mother, because it made my husband a father. And it gave an otherwise emotionally contained man a chance to express his soul, thereby giving me a glimpse of it. And the very idea of two seemingly disparate people coming together, to pool all their available resources towards nurturing a third life, is so great an enterprise, when you actually think about it.

5. I love being a mother because it gave me the opportunity to intersect the tangents of so many people. If I weren't a mother, I would have never signed up on IndiaParenting and met the loveliest bunch of women, one of whom tagged me on this. If I weren't a mother, I probably would have never started blogging, which in turn rules out half a dozen relationships, which is enriching my life today, and one of which is directing me to do this tag.

Enough mush now! Let's get back to business. Rules of the tag....

Just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom/dad) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country (Google is a good resource if you don't know any; google any country name and 'mom/dad' in their blog search function) (be sure to let them know that you've tagged them!) - and link back here and HBM and leave a comment.

Now whom to tag gets distinctly exciting in this novel tag, because it invites you to actually google and find a mom in another country, whom you don't know and pass along the baton to. I really like this idea and am going to set aside any shynesses I have about tagging an unknown person and go ahead and do just that! Here goes:

Tagging....Beth in France.

Janine from South Africa... (she just visited and loves Chicago!! :))

Jennifer in Muscat

Sole in Australia

And Nino's Mum in India!

5 comments:

Kodi's Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

physical love! that is awesome. looks like I completely disregarded rule of the tag...btw, the boys, why are the growing up SO FAST! Winkie looks really tall.

Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

I enjoyed your post very much. Being a mom is so great for so many reasons.
Thanks for the tag.
I have a post up here: http://bethinburkina.blogspot.com/2009/04/few-months-ago-my-friend-david-asked-me.html

Gauri said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for doing the tag T :).

the mad momma said... Best Blogger Tips

sigh *grins contentedly*
thanks for doing this even though you usually dont do this tara - *high fives Gauri!*

and yes - you write so beautifully that this is one tag i'd have missed seeing your stamp on

sole said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the tag! Its done!

http://liferightnow.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/around-the-world-in-80-clicks/

Post a Comment

Write to me!