Sunday, May 27, 2012

To marking the road...

Since its been hard to think of what to write and to even write when the thoughts came....a few simple words to capture current state of things...

Time of the year : Spring. I refuse to say summer yet.

Time of day : 5:40 on a Sunday morning, as I look forward to going outside to plant my impatiens.

Time of my life : Just this simple joy of creating a modest summer garden, enjoying the feel of dirt between my fingers and scraping out the dirt under my fingernails afterward.

The point in Winkie's life : On the threshold of beginning his 10th year, on the very last Harry Potter book of the series, in the very last week of 3rd grade, or as he says....3 days and 1 hour and 10 minutes more of it. :). More of him later, hopefully.

The point in Thambi's : Loud. Vocal. Spirited. In very bad need of a haircut, and who yesterday imagined what it would be like if his hair actually grew up to the sky. We had a merry time making up stories of birds that made their nest there, and planes that chopped bits of his hair off, and the wind that made his whole body sway just from the head weight! ;)

The point in all things miscellaneous : Buddy has a new sibling in the house. One we will have to rea...aally get used to.

I still am nowhere closer to finishing my writing course. I need to wedge my spade into the soil and dig this one out!

I work longer hours now. Which justifies every minute I have spent in oblivion of this blog.

Which brings me to the thought that suddenly rose to my mind....that when I write, I begin to know myself a little better. Every thought that was hazy and unfixed, focuses and aligns perfectly with my vision. That as a I struggle for the words to say all these things, I am also anticipating the joy of fixing those words to a state of mind, which may vaporize a moment later, but marks the road, whenever I choose to look back...


8 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Tharini,
Good to see your post after so many months! glad you and kids are doing ok...

take care... please post some pictures of kids...

Sujatha Ramesh

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi,
i love reading your blog....
waiting for your post..
keep it up..

loads of love for kids.

Lekha said... Best Blogger Tips

Good to hear you doing a writing course, best of luck!
I have already read plenty of your blogs just today, the day I discovered the site :-)
Keep up the good work

Tharini said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sujatha. Will post a picture soon. :)

Lekha : Our coming to this blog together kind of coincides, because it has been dormant for a long time. So hi. :)

Kowsalya Subramanian said... Best Blogger Tips

That as a I struggle for the words to say all these things, I am also anticipating the joy of fixing those words to a state of mind, which may vaporize a moment later, but marks the road, whenever I choose to look back...

very nicely put :)

Kowsalya Subramanian said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tharini said... Best Blogger Tips

@Kowsalya Subramanian Thank you thank you! :)

A day in the life of a MOM said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck with finishing your writing course..

Post a Comment

Write to me!